About this privacy notice
This privacy notice provides information about how EdIndex and The City of Edinburgh Council collects and uses your personal information in relation to https://edindexhousing.co.uk/
This privacy notice uses “you” to mean any individual about whom we collect and hold personal data.
What information may we collect about you?
We collect, store and use the following categories of personal data:
- we log page access, which includes the IP number of the browsing computer,
- we collect your contact details such as name and personal or work e-mail address when you submit an enquiry.
How is your personal data collected?
Your computer IP number is always included in every page you request. The IP number is used by the service hosting team to trace issues if they occur. We hold logs for 4 weeks.
You give us your personal data through the information collected about you when you email an enquiry or respond to an email relating to that enquiry. We capture this information as it is in The City of Edinburgh Council legitimate interest to process information about you in order to respond to your enquiry.
When we collect and process your personal information, we are committed to the principles set out in data protection legislation.
Data protection principles
- We only collect information that we need
- We keep your personal information secure.
- We don't keep your information for longer than we need to
- We tell you why we need your information and what we will do with it
- We collect accurate information and, where necessary, keep it up to date
- We don't use your information for a different reason than the one we have told you about. The exception to this is if we must do so by law e.g. For the purposes of providing Child Protection and Safeguarding Services.
How will we use the information about you?
The information you provide will be used by The City of Edinburgh Council to process any enquiries or complaints you submit.
We will not keep your information for any longer than it is needed, and will dispose of both paper and electronic records in a secure way. The length of time we need to keep information collected for providing the EdIndex Service varies will depend on the purpose for which it is collected. The Council has a Record Retention Schedule which sets out how long we keep records and the reason why.
If you have any questions, please contact:
4 East Market Street
EDINBURGH, EH8 8BG